Tuesday, July 24, 2007

WEEK 9 --Thing 20 , Thing 21 , Thing 22 and finally Thing 23

My favorite parts of this journey....Flickr, avatars, wikis, the videos and the slide shows. That sounds like a lot.
I am not sure how it has affected my lifelong learning goals yet. However, I have reminded myself, how little I know, and how much moe there is to know. Which is what lifelong learning is all about. So I am good with this.
A surprise...even me.... a tech novice, am able.
The program must have been pretty good, for me to have gotten through it ralatively unscathed, thus offering myself up for another learning experience.
The experience was very rewarding. I am able.

I am downloading Angels and Demonds from NetLibrary, through CCPL. However,I do not have a portable media device with me. In this library location, where most people have a dial-up connection, if they have any, it would take 10.5 hours to download this title in CD quality. Is anyone that patient? There are 296 popular fiction titles.
OverDrive offered 1762 titles in General Fiction.
When I asked our reference librarian which of these two formats were easiers, she recommended NetLibrary.

I have just visited the Merlin podcasting learning link. I went to OPAL, online programming for all libraries. I like the idea of podcasting, but I prefer video when experiencing a presentation. I'm excited about the ways libraries can share information using all of these tools.I am still going to hunt for some small library strategic plans.

I looked at Yahoo Podcast and found it difficult to find RSS feeds. I then visited Podcastalley.com. I did not care for it. I then visited Podcast.net. On this I found a feed to Sea World. I had found this podcast on the other sites, but did not see how to add the feed to my bloglines. Podcast.net was easier.
http://www.seaworld.com/sw_index.aspx

I chose this video because I have a brown tabby cat, Belle. However, she stays indoors. I know that she would love to frolic like Bailey and Ayla, the stars of this
movie.
Being able to see how other libraries are designed would be useful. I am in a 2000 square foot space. To actually see how other small libraries are designed via YouTube, would be excellent.
Feline Frolics

2 comments:

Jessica said...

WOW, you are doing great! Way ahead of the pack.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.